Child Care & Nutrition, Inc. is PROUD to offer a weekend backpack program for students in Hendricks, Ivanhoe, and Lake Benton schools!
Children are our focus…
CCNI has been in the child nutrition business for over 30 years. That is why we want to help make sure children do not meet a “food deficit” on weekends.
We are now offering a backpack program as a community project to children in our area called “Weekend Winners”.
How does it work?
- Children enrolled in the program at their school
- School officials let CCNI know how many meal bags are needed each week
- CCNI staff and community volunteers bag up two days’ worth of nutritious meals per bag
- The bags are delivered to the schools prior to the end of the week
- School officials discreetly place the meal bags into the children’s lockers to take home for the weekend
How can I help?
- $5.00 will feed a child for 1 weekend
- $175.00 will feed a child for the entire school year
- Donations can be sent to:
PO Box 138
Ivanhoe, MN 56142
Thanks to all of the area business owners as well as the individuals who have donated and continue donate to the Weekend Winners Backpack Program!
$1,000.00 – Lyon-Lincoln Electric Cooperative’s Operation RoundUp® Trust Fund and the member-owners of the cooperative.
$3,000.00 – Monogram Loves Kids Foundation
That means 80 children in Lincoln County, MN could be facing hunger issues at any time.
By supporting CCNI’s Weekend Winners program, you are helping children in this community fight hunger and are ensuring that they receive meals when school meals are not available.
**The Weekend Winners Backpack Program receives NO ($0) government subsidies.