November 2021 NCA Calendar Training Program and Materials
- Parent Connections
- November 2021 Activity Sheet
- November Motivational Moment
- 2021 Calendar – Training Module
- 2021 Calendar – Bonus Resources
Useful CACFP Links
- Child Meal Patterns
- Infant Meal Patterns
- CACFP Menu Planning Guide
- CCNI Menu & Grocery Planner
- This is the list of “exempt” formulas established by the FDA. Any child who is using any of the formulas listed here must have a Special Diet Statement on file for the provider to receive reimbursement for serving the formula.
- Infant Feeing Handbook
- CACFP Crediting Handbook
- CACFP calculator for yogurt, breakfast cereal, and milk.
- CACFP Meal Pattern Implementation Library. This is stocked with menu ideas from sponsors all around the country along with help sheets and handouts on all topics for the new meal patterns implemented October 1, 2017.
- USDA’s Food Buying Guide for Child Nutrition Programs
- MyPlate grains group information and ounce equivalents chart
- USDA recorded training webinars and sign up for live webinars
- The National CACFP Sponsors Association has many great CACFP resources, here are just a few of our favorites: Whole Grains, Yogurt Sugar Limits, Cereal Sugar Limits, Milk, Label Reading, Go Slow Whoa Foods
Are you currently a provider participating on the CACFP with CCNI and need forms? Check out our forms library! All forms are available for download, or if you would like us to mail you a supply, contact us or email us directly at email@example.com.
CCNI Prior Year CACFP Training
If you are new to CCNI and missed our 2020 training you can check it out here.
- Team Nutrition
- Help Me Grow – Minnesota
- Child Care Aware – Minnesota
- Assure Child Care – Child Care Insurance
- USDA – CACFP for Family Day Care Homes
- Minnesota Department of Education – CACFP
Farm to Child Care
Interested in learning more about Farm to Child Care!? Check out this link for many awesome resources!
Listed here are some GREAT websites for Free Activities.
- Jumpstart includes apps for smartphones and printable coloring and activity sheets. Resources are broken down by age group, and there is something for everyone.
- Smarter Lunchrooms Movement This is geared mainly toward school settings, but has helpful information under the “Score Card & Tools” tab that providers can use, such as the “Creative, Fun, and Descriptive Names”.
- www.123child.com Includes free activity ideas
Our articles section has been updated to bring you more current and relevant information.
Grow It, Try It, Like It!
Grow It, Try It, Like It! Nutrition Education Kit Featuring MyPlate is a garden-themed nutrition education kit for child care center staff that introduces children to: three fruits – peaches, strawberries, and cantaloupe, and three vegetables – spinach, sweet potatoes, and crookneck squash.